Wednesday 23 January 2013

whilst on the 40 something subject ...

Following my last blog - I feel the need to continue on the subject of the blatant disparities between men and women facing the aging process. Why is it that - when men diet, they lose weight! Need i say more! I am sure I don't need to say more, but its not much of a blog if I don't.
I had a decadent festive period.... infact I think glutinous festive period would probably be a better description.... shamefully embarrassing overeating. I made that fateful mistake of acknowledging that I needed to diet and therefore approaching Christmas like an occupant on death row who had been given his execution date.
This of course resulted in my new years diet starting point being 7 llbs further from the fnish line than I had anticipated.  I know .... all my own doing.... can blame nobody else except Mr Cadbury and Mr Merlot.
I am not a diet moaner... I embraced the fact that it would do my body no harm to partake in Dry-uuary and added chocolate to the list as well as alcohol. I then cut down bread, cut out pastry, cut right down red meat and deleted all unnecessary biscuits and treats .... I reckon this is a reduction of 1500 calories and a small walrus load of fat a day. Yet here I am on day 23 and I have lost the sum total of 4 poxy pounds .... Excuse my crudeness  but surely that is not much more than one trip to the toilet!! All the healthy eating sites pride themselves on advising that cutting out just one biscuit a day will make a difference ... yeah - if you are going to live to the grand age of 250 you might see that lone biscuits difference on the scales, but for us mortals; we like results within our lifetime!
And yet - why is it that a man just has to have 3 less sips of  beer a night and all your friends are admiring his new sylph like figure within the week!
But being someone who likes to find the positives ... at least when Mr Merlot is allowed back into my life in FABruary he has proved he isnt the cause of my weight gain... if it doesn't come off when i am not drinking, then surely it wont go on when I am.... YAY!
I fear Mr Cadbury will have to stay away a little longer though or I will be struggling to fit in Elsie this summer. My Ice Cream Pinny may have extendable straps but there really is only so much room to maneuver around Elsie's freezers. A rotund Ice cream lady maybe a good advert for her stocks taste, but doesn't do much for promoting SCOOPS Gelato Ice cream as the healthier delicious version of ice cream that it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to add any comments, nice ones are always welcome!!! As my mother taught me, If you dont have anything nice to say, then say nothing at all!