Thursday 19 April 2012

We feel the need to rant

But the bottom line is .... we simply do. I am not sure if I am turning into an over opinionated middle aged woman or whether I have always felt the need to share my thoughts. Either way I have decided to start a weekly blog of  life's little quizicals ... Those unfathomable phenomenon that infiltrate our daily lives. Some will relate to motherhood, like the unanswerable question of "why oh why is it that our toddlers fail to remember to say please and thank you despite our hourly reminders? Yet - should you inadvertently be overheard by those tiny little toddler ears, muttering an expletive, it will be introduced into their ever expanding vocabulary with fantastic grammatical accuracy.
There will be others that relate to being a partner or wife. For example, why oh why is it that families stack things on the stairs to be carried up yet nobody, other than the alpha female, appears to be capable of the physical act of actually ascending the stairs, arms laden?
Finally there wlll be life's rich tapestries generic questions addressed. For example, why oh why is it that dog owners feel that they are doing their bit for society by bagging up their doggy doodoo yet seem to think it is totally acceptable to leave these little black bags of faeces adorning hedgerows and bushes like Christmas baubles?
My aim is to entertain ...not to frustrate ... to inspire a little light hearted comradeship.... not incite unnecessary  irritation over life's injustices.
My background is that I am a mother of 3 Children aged 14,12 and 10. i am the step mother of 2 children, aged 19 and 17. I was a nurse for adults with learning disabilities and behavioural issues. I became a lady window cleaner when I became a single mum, [ladies with ladders] so that I could be available for my children. I now own a vintage Ice cream van [www.elsies-ices.co.uk] and when I had my children I co-wrote 2 light hearted books about becoming a mum and parenting. These are called "The Fat Ladies Club - The indispensable real world guide to pregnancy" and "The Fat Ladies Club - Facing the First Five Years"
So .... I have a pretty varied life to pull on ....
Please watch this space ...spread the blogging word ..... and feel free to contact me with your "why oh why it it that..."  headings and i will aim to add it to my list for future blogging articles.
The First "Why Oh Why Is It That..." shall be available within the next few days .... tune in.

2 comments:

  1. You have always made me laugh out loud so will try to follow. Maybe you could address the phenomenon that is why do socks always end up single?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to reading! I am currently comtemplating the pile of clothes on the stairs and wondering why every single one of my offspring is stepping over said pile to get to bed. Jeeeeez!!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you would like to add any comments, nice ones are always welcome!!! As my mother taught me, If you dont have anything nice to say, then say nothing at all!